Art update!

I'm currently working on fixing up my website with help from my roomate and I'll provide a link when that's fully ready, but in the mean time I'll leave you with some of the artwork I've done for this semester
This here was my first assignment for my Concept Art class, it's a scene inspired by the novel "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood. I wanted to really capture the solitude and sorrow the character felt, which I feel I accomplished. My rendering technique still needs more work.
This was me reworking the previous piece taking my teachers critique into mind. Sadly I ran out of time and was not able to finish with the time I had. I feel the character being smaller than before helps a lot, although I miss the old mountains. I tried incorporating some of the concepts Hokusai used in "The Wave", sharper more aggressive water attacking our character.
Axolotl, by Julio Cortazar was source of inspiration I chose from the given choises in our class. This painting went through a lot more itterations, my rendering feels more solid than the previous piece, although I feel it's still obvious I need to work on my background designs. On a side note, I read up a lot on Axolotls and I became a big fan of them hoping that one day I might own my little gilly creature.
Currently working on this piece, the final version should be completed by this upcoming Monday, I've have to make the transition betweent the sky and ground far smoother and remove the overly flat feel the painting has. The previous itteration was very busy, although Kovets seemed happy with it, two weeks later we changed teachers and Drake had completely different feelings. The clutter of ideas was really not flowing with Drake and took his input, cleaned up some ideas and keept the story to a basic minimum for a clean story read. I'm happy to say I'm very pleased where this is going.

Stay tuned for some more!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment